Need Help With your assignment? Get expert academic writing assistance! We can write any paper on any subject within the tightest time.
This assignment is not due until Wednesday of Week 7 (August 17). This is just an advance “heads up” to give you plenty of time to begin working on it.
This assignment (worth 60 points) is a great opportunity to explore a current, cutting-edge HR topic that really interests you and share your findings with the class! This will involve creating a recorded narrated PowerPoint (similar to what we did with the HR Legislation reports in Week 3) and reporting on a short article of your choosing (something you are really interested in) that has been featured recently in the Society for Human Resources (SHRM) Daily Newsletter (and is now accessible on the SHRM website).
1. Choose a SHRM Daily Newsletter article based on some aspect of Human Resources Management (HRM) from the list provided (see list of 250 article titles — some very recent, and some dating back as far 2018 — attached below, and also accessible in a folder in “Files.”). Most of these articles are fairly short and will be a quick, easy read.
2. Explore your options — identify several articles that are likely to be of interest to you based on the title & find them on the SHRM website at www.shrm.org (Links to an external site.). You will most likely need to put the exact title in the search field on the main page when you log into the SHRM website. (You can access a Search field from the main page when you go to the SHRM website. You will see a magnifying glass-looking icon at the far right at the top of the screen right after the horizontal list of categories — “Membership”, “Certification”, “HR Today” etc. It says “Events” to the left of it. Click on this, and it will open up a Search box. You will need to put the exact titles in the search field.) Then choose just the one article you would like to work on. (Note: The SHRM website might block you after you access three articles. If that happens and you are no longer able to access the article you wanted, please contact me, and I can most likely get it for you.)
3. Create a short (7 minutes maximum) RECORDED narrated PowerPoint presentation. This assignment is worth 60 points — note the point breakdown related to each component of the assignment below.
You must include recorded voice narration. (10 pts)
Summarize the article (10 pts)
GIVE YOUR OWN PERSPECTIVE ON ITS SIGNIFICANCE!!! (20 pts)
Explain why the article has relevance to a concept discussed in our text (e.g. EEO, Staffing, Training & Development, Compensation, Benefits, Health & Safety, Labor Relations, Employee Relations). (20 pts)
4. Upload your presentation RIGHT HERE by the end of the day on Wednesday, August 17. This is worth 60 points.
5. Make two posts in response to THE Week 7 & 8 Discussion Question #1. Post a reaction to the presentations of two other students. The first should be done by Sunday, August 21 and the second by Tuesday, August 23. More specific directions for what should be included will be provided in the introduction to that discussion thread. This Discussion will be worth 20 points.
I hope you will enjoy working on this assignment. Please let me know if you have questions, and I’m really looking forward to viewing your final recorded presentations! (See the list of 250 article titles to choose from via the Word document attached below and also in a folder in “Files.”)
SHRM Articles July 2022.pdf Download SHRM Articles July 2022.pdf